Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Tonight's training

I don't really have a lot to say about tonight's training - except I'm exhausted, which is usually the case and is always a good sign! We did two kata that have been somewhat neglected by us recently, Kanku-dai and Jion.

It was interesting to do them in the light of having concentrated on Kanku-sho and Ji'in so much recently. I don't think I made any mistakes, but I did have to concentrate quite hard to avoid going into an incorrect sequence. I did make a silly mistake in Tekki Shodan - ridiculous as it's my kettle-boiling kata (ie. the kata I usually do in the kitchen while waiting for the kettle to boil!) so I think I know it quite well and it's a firm favourite.

I practiced the second jump in Kanku-sho a bit again tonight. I think I did about one good one - I was pretty tired by that point though. I know how I want it to be in my head, but the reality has yet to mirror that vision!

No comments:

Post a Comment